IT'S EASY TO SWITCH TO PEACE POWER UTILITY SERVICES.
Alberta's best utility rates and plans
Across Alberta, Peace Power offers some of the most competitive prices for electricity, natural gas, and home internet services. Get a cheap rate for your house utilities. As a locally owned and operated company, it is Peace Power’s mission to provide Alberta’s best utility experience. Compare our rates to those of the competition and see how we compare. We make it simple for consumers to switch utility providers by providing plans that include:
Which Internet Plan Is Right For You?
Take this quick quiz to find out which plan is right for you.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
ELECTRICITY RATE PLANS
Compare our electricity rate with the competition
At Peace Power, we’re a full-service utility provider, with all operations in Alberta. We provide electricity at cheaper rates than the “big guys.” With Peace Power, you can bundle your electricity with our other utilities (Natural Gas and Internet). Alberta’s energy rates have gone up all across the province lately but Peace Power still keeps margins low to offer you the best rate. Peace Power is your local Alberta power company offering Alberta’s best utility experience. Tired of spending too much, not understanding your bill, or not being able to get help when you need it? Try Peace Power.
NATURAL GAS RATE PLANS
Select the natural gas plan that's right for you
Peace Power is proud to offer you the choice of a fixed-rate or variable-rate plan for natural gas across Alberta. Our fixed-rate plan is a great option for people that want to know exactly how much they will spend on utilities month-to-month while our variable-rate plan is priced based on the spot price for natural gas. The spot price will vary from month-to-month so the rate can be higher or lower than the fixed-rate plan. We keep our margins low on natural gas so we can offer you the best rate. Peace Power provides some of the best rates for natural gas in Alberta.
Sign up for a variable rate natural gas plan with no deposit*, no contract, and no cancellation fee** or get a fixed-rate natural gas plan on a 1 year term.
Get A Free
Live Quote Now
It takes just a few minutes to get a quote!
VARIABLE ELECTRICITY RATE
The variable rate is indexed directly to the cost of electricity sold by the generators into the Alberta Power Pool and changes monthly.
The variable rate is calculated as the cost of energy plus the retailer’s margin. At Peace Power, our margin is 1 cent per kWh.
VARIABLE NATURAL GAS RATE
The variable rate is indexed directly to the cost of natural gas sold into the NGX and changes monthly.
The variable rate is calculated as the cost of natural gas plus the retailer’s margin. At Peace Power, our margin is $0.89/GJ.
COMPARE HIGH-SPEED INTERNET RATES
Why pay more for the same service? Compare Peace Power rates to that of Canada’s three largest providers (you know who). With Peace Power Internet, we offer our customers even more with:
- No Contracts
- No Terms
- Flexible modem options
- Save even more money by combining with our power and gas service!
“BIG GUY” RATE
$49.99 ($39.99 When Bundled!)
Compare at $85
$59.99 ($49.99 When Bundled!)
Compare at $85
$79.99 ($69.99 When Bundled!)
Compare at $100
$89.99 ($79.99 When Bundled!)
Compare at $115
$99.99 ($89.99 When Bundled!)
Compare at $115
Internet Plans & Rates
We encourage you to choose the best home internet plan for you and your family (it may not always mean the fastest!). Speak to our one of our customer care reps to learn which of our plans is right for you. With Peace Power, you never have to pay for more internet than you need. We are proud to offer Albertans their choice of home internet plans at the rate that fits their budget.
PEACE 150Great for HD streaming and live gaming on multiple devices.
150 mbps Download
150 mbps Upload
PEACE 300Perfect for large families or high volume streaming needs.
300 mbps Download
300 mbps Upload
PEACE 1GThe ultimate plan for all internet or business needs.
1 GB Download
1 GB Upload
This is an agreed contract between “you” the person or business whose name appears on the bill and Peace Power, (also referred to as “Peace Power”) third party sellers of Telus’ internet connection services (the “Services”). By using the Services, you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions outlined in this contract (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”).
Peace Power reserves the right to make modifications to this Agreement with the exception of key Agreement terms, including data usage limits, minimum monthly charge, commitment period and cancellation fee (the key Agreement terms”), which we may not change without your consent during your commitment period. Peace Power will provide adequate notice of these changes, via email notifications.
You are not obliged to continue using the Services after an amendment to this Agreement is made. However, in the event you choose not to accept the changes, your sole remedy is to cancel the internet service, effective at the end of your current billing period. Cancellation fees may apply, along with any other charges or expenses as identified in this Agreement. If the change we make increases your obligation or reduces ours, cancellation fees will not apply. Your continued use of the internet service following any amendment shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the amended agreement, waiver of any additional notice requirements and agreement to pay for the internet service in accordance with the amended agreement.
You may not assign or transfer this agreement without Peace Power’s prior written consent. If any provision of these service terms is prohibited or unenforceable in certain circumstances, the remaining service terms shall apply and be construed in those circumstances as if such provision had never been written.
By using the internet service and incurring charges for such use, you authorize Peace Power to obtain information about your credit history from credit reporting agencies, credit grantors, and consent to the disclosure of your credit history with Peace Power at any time.
You agree to provide us with your current email address (and to inform us if that email address changes) so we can provide you with tools and relevant information to manage your Peace Power account, communicate with you about account-related items on a timely basis, provide news and offers from Peace Power, and seek your views on Peace Power’s internet service.
Peace Power will provide you with a monthly invoice in electronic format made available to you over the Internet, setting forth the charges incurred for use of the internet service.
You are responsible for ensuring that you are subscribed to our monthly email notifications, and to check your online account every month for your invoices. Regularly recurring charges are billed in advance.
The internet service provided to you subject to payment of all applicable service rates and any additional charges identified to you at the time you applied for the service or otherwise in accordance with these service terms, including installation and activation fees, together with all applicable taxes and other government charges. Additional charges authorized by these service terms may be charged on a one-time or monthly basis, where deemed fit.
You may change your internet service at any time. However, cancellation fees will apply if you downgrade below the minimum. If you amend your internet service and re-contract, your previous contract will no longer be valid.
All bills are due within two days upon delivery to you. A $45 Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) fee plus applicable taxes will be charged to your account for each pre-authorized payment that is refused by your financial institution.
Your account shall be considered past due (“Past Due”) when any payment has not been received by Peace Power on or before the specific due date indicated on the invoice, the account is in arrears (“Arrears”) when any payment is not received by the due date. Cancellation of service will be initiated with written notice should an account continue in arrears after a second attempt at processing the invoice (date noted on the notice of reprocessing attempt).
Interest charges of 2% per month will be applied to all past due invoices. If the account is in Arrears, Peace Power reserves the right to suspend all Services, without any liability, until all payments due by you are paid in full. If the account is in Default, Peace Power reserves the right to subject the account to collection and the additional charges related to the cost of collection, including without limitation recovery of its’ legal fees on a solicitor-and-own-client cost basis. All invoices, interest amounts due, late penalty fees due, additional collection costs and other expenses incurred, as well as any future expense obligations, will be due as invoiced and payable by you on demand, in addition to all standard provincial and federal taxes as applicable. In addition, Peace Power may choose to terminate this Agreement due to the Default status. In the case of a default termination no prior notice is required to be provided by Peace Power.
We may require a security deposit because of a credit check or your payment history. If you keep your account active and current for 12 consecutive months, this deposit will be returned to you as a bill credit. Should a balance remain, this will be returned as a refund. If you cancel your Peace Power account, we will refund the deposit, minus any amount that you may owe (which may include late payment and cancellation charges).
The Services, consisting of internet service offer a variety of access speeds and service plans. All internet service plans are subject to the availability of suitable equipment and facilities and consequently all internet service plans are not available at all locations. Also, to ensure fair network access to all users, Telus may manage network resources using methods including, but not limited to:
- Allocation of bandwidth, which may limit the availability or speed of service
- Filtering for spam and malicious content, which may occasionally result in unintended blocking of inoffensive content
- Restricting the network access available to specific transmission protocols
Final confirmation of service availability for internet service high speed internet service cannot occur until the internet service high speed equipment is installed at your premises. If such equipment is installed by a Telus installer, you hereby authorize the installer to disclose to Peace Power the necessary information to confirm service availability for your premises. Reverse engineering of the internet service high speed service is not permitted. This means that you cannot have a higher upload than download speed. Peace Power does not guarantee that the internet service will operate with all equipment or software including, without limitation, all Internet applications and appliances.
You acknowledge that signal range and penetration of internet service’s wireless capabilities will depend on factors such as the number and density of walls and ceilings in the networked area and the distance between the high-speed wireless gateway and your computer(s). The high-speed wireless gateway may be susceptible to interference from other devices such as cordless phones, microwave ovens and electric motors.
You acknowledge and agree that when using internet service’s wireless capabilities to access the Internet or any other online network or service, there are certain risks that may allow other service users or Internet users to gain access to your computer system or internet service account. You should take all appropriate security precautions when using such wireless capabilities including, without limitation, encrypting your network, installing a firewall and an anti-virus solution, selecting secure passwords, allowing only pre-approved computers and users on your network, and disabling computer file sharing capabilities when moving your computer outside of your home network.
Peace Power shall not be responsible or liable for any claims, damages, losses or expenses relating to use or misuse of internet service’ wireless capabilities including, without limitation, those resulting from your use of file sharing, print sharing or other functions that may allow others to gain access to your computer, network or the contents of your transmissions.
Installation options available for internet service high speed service (e.g., customer self-installation, Telus installation without a network interface card (“NIC”), Telus installation with a NIC) will depend upon your Customer Access Location and your service plan. Not all installation options are available at all Customer Access Locations or with all service plans. Details regarding available installation internet service, including applicable fees, will be provided as a follow up to your application for service.
You authorize Telus, its employees, agents, contractors and representatives to enter your premises and access your equipment and software for the purpose of installing, maintaining, inspecting, repairing or removing any equipment or software as reasonably required for the provision of the internet service. Access to your premises will be at a time that is mutually convenient for you and Telus. You agree to comply with the terms of the quick install guide included on the troubleshoot documents provided.
In no event will Peace Power be responsible or liable for any claims, damages, losses or expenses including, without limitation, lost wages or missed work, in the event that an installation appointment for the internet service is missed, either by Peace Power or by any Telus installer.
You hereby agree not to sell, transfer, lease, assign any interest in or encumber all or any part of any Telus-owned high speed equipment (e.g., wireless gateway, high speed modem, POTS splitter) that has been provided for your use as part of the Services.
The Internet service Help Desk will provide telephone assistance on a reasonable efforts basis, via the telephone number and during the hours specified on the internet service website. Assistance is limited to your problems using the internet service and may exclude problems related to certain equipment and software. You acknowledge that charges may apply to certain support internet service. Peace Power cannot guarantee the resolution of any particular problem or internet service interruption.
During the term of this agreement, Telus will provide on-site support (including, repair or replacement of equipment that is defective in material or workmanship) for all Telus owned equipment.
You acknowledge that the internet service provide access to content, information and materials that are uncensored. You acknowledge that some of the content, information and material that is available through the internet service and the Internet may be inaccurate, offensive, harmful or in violation of applicable laws. Peace Power recommends that minors using the internet service be supervised by an adult.
Acceptable use of the internet service:
The internet service may be used only for lawful purposes. You agree that you will not:
- Post, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit unauthorized or unsolicited commercial e-mail, junk or bulk e-mail, chain letters or other “spam”
- Maintain a relay service open to the general public
- Scan or probe another computer system
- Obstruct or bypass computer identification procedures
- Engage in unauthorized computer or network trespass
- Engage in denial-of-service attacks
- Post, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit any data, information or software that constitutes a virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component Export equipment, software or data outside of Canada or the United States in contravention of applicable export control legislation
- Post, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit information or materials where such activity gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate the rights or assist others to violate the rights of Peace Power or any third party. Such violations include but are not limited to engaging in copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement, patent infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets and defamation
- Post, upload, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise transmit information or materials where such activity constitutes a criminal offence or otherwise engage in or assist others to engage in any criminal offence. Such offences include, but are not limited to, public incitement or willful promotion of hatred, pyramid selling, unauthorized use of a computer, mischief in relation to data, fraud, defamatory libel, obscenity, child pornography, harassment, stalking and uttering threats
- Threaten, abuse or harass any Peace Power customer representative
- Share (except as necessary for use of your internet service in a home network), resell, reproduce, copy, distribute or redistribute any portion of use of or access to, the internet service or exploit the same for any commercial purposes
- Allow any other person or entity to engage in any of the foregoing activities while using your internet service account
- If at any time you become aware of any violation, by any person or entity, of the acceptable use rules set out in the sections above, which involves your account, you agree to immediately notify Peace Power and provide Peace Power with assistance, as requested, to stop and/or remedy such violation.
- Without limiting any of Peace Power’s rights to suspend, restrict or terminate your internet service account as described elsewhere in this agreement, Peace Power may suspend, restrict or terminate your internet service account without notice if, in Peace Power’s discretion, you have violated any of the acceptable use rules set out in sections above.
In the event that Peace Power receives a complaint relating to use of the internet service by a customer, Peace Power may, without notice or liability, investigate the complaint, restrict, suspend or terminate the account(s) involved and/or remove any content, information or materials from its servers.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- All use of the internet service is at your own risk
- The internet service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis
- Peace Power does not guarantee error-free or uninterrupted operation of the internet service. Peace Power is not responsible or liable for loss, deletion or alteration of any transmissions or data including, without limitation, any e-mail messages, for any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or for any transactions entered into through or using the internet service including, without limitation, domain name registrations, renewals and transfers
- Peace Power is not responsible or liable for loss or damage to your equipment, software or data arising directly or indirectly out of installation or maintenance of the internet service
- Peace Power makes no conditions, warranties or representations about the suitability, reliability, usability, security, quality, capacity, performance, availability, timeliness or accuracy of the internet service, any other products or internet service supplied under this agreement or the networks of third parties. Peace Power expressly disclaims all conditions, warranties and representations, express, implied or statutory including, but not limited to, implied conditions or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title and non-infringement, whether arising by usage of trade, course of dealing, course of performance or otherwise.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Peace Power is not liable for (i) the consequences of natural catastrophes such as earthquakes, flooding, severe wind, ice or fire storms, landslides, lightning strikes or tidal waves, (ii) the actions of third parties which Peace Power cannot reasonably foresee or control, such as war, terrorism, civil insurrection, government decree, failure of the public power grid, labor disturbance by the employees of another enterprise, or the unlawful acts of suppliers, (iii) any act or omission of a telecommunications carrier whose network facilities are used in establishing connections to points which Telus does not directly serve, (iv) defamation or copyright infringement arising from material transmitted or received over Telus”s network facilities, or (v) infringement of patents arising from combining or using your facilities or equipment with Telus’s network facilities.
Term and termination
This Agreement is in effect as of “Date” and remains in effect until either party terminates the Agreement as set out herein.
Upon the expiry of the term of this agreement, your internet service will continue on a month-to-month basis until you notify Peace Power that you wish to cancel service. The terms and conditions then applicable, including all rates and charges, will apply to your month-to-month service.
You may terminate this agreement at any time by notifying Peace Power of the date you want the cancellation to be effective. If you cancel your service or if Peace Power cancels it for any of the reasons listed below, you remain responsible for any applicable cancellation charges and for all amounts chargeable to your account up to the time the service is cancelled.
Rental equipment must be returned in good condition upon cancellation of service, otherwise the replacement cost will be charged to the account.
You agree to return any Telus-owned high speed modems, wireless gateways and associated devices within 14 days of termination of an internet service high speed service account, unless otherwise directed by Peace Power. If you do not return such equipment in accordance with the foregoing, if such equipment is returned damaged or if you have assigned, encumbered, sold, transferred or leased such equipment, you agree to pay the replacement cost plus applicable taxes.
This Agreement commences on the date that you agree to it and will continue as far as Peace Power provides Internet service to you. It may be terminated as described herein
Peace Power may change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Agreement (including any charges or fees within it) at any time and at our sole discretion. Before doing so, however, we will provide you with at least thirty (30) days advance notice of the proposed change. Notice will be considered given and effective on the date posted on the notice provided. Your continued use of our internet service following such notice is your acceptance of such modifications. The terms as and when posted supersedes all previous electronic and written terms of service. Your use of our Internet service constitutes your acceptance of this agreement.
Without incurring any liability whatsoever, Peace Power may suspend or terminate any or all the Services for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, where you the Customer:
- Fails to pay an account that is past due or provides payment by PAP or credit card which is not honored by Customer’s bank.
- Fails to provide or maintain a reasonable deposit or alternate security when requested to do so by Peace Power
- Fails to meet Peace Power’s credit requirements, or Customer becomes bankrupt or otherwise insolvent
- Uses or permits others to use the Internet service for a purpose or in a manner that is contrary to law; or for the purpose of making harassing, threatening, abusive, annoying, or offensive calls
- Charges or allows others to charge any other person for the use of the Internet service without Peace Power’s prior written agreement
- Harasses, threatens, or otherwise acts unreasonably towards Peace Power, its employees or agents, or in relation to the Internet service
- Uses or permits others to use the Internet service for resell
- Abuses the network with excessive usage as may be solely determined by Peace Power
- Uses or permits others to use the service for commercial or business use (if the Customer is an individual).
You may cancel/terminate this Agreement on the following terms:
- You may cancel this Agreement at any time, for any reason, by providing Peace Power with a minimum of thirty (30) business days” notice
- If you cancel or terminate this Agreement in any other manner or for any other reason than those described herein, you will be responsible for the Internet service charge and related costs of any Internet service supplied to you at $30 per month on the remaining term of the agreement.
- At the termination of this Agreement, for any reason, and after all amounts outstanding have been paid, if there is a credit balance greater than $5.00 CAD, it will be refunded to you via Interac e-Transfer and sent to the current email address on file at the time of such termination. If there is a balance less than $5.00 CAD, it shall be written off and the account shall be closed.
Termination of your account shall not relieve you from any amounts owing or other liability accruing under this agreement prior to the time that such termination becomes effective.
Due to the nature of Internet service provision, certain events may occur beyond our control, which make it impossible for Peace Power to provide Internet service as contemplated by this Agreement. If such events occur, we are not responsible for the provision of Internet service so long as same is impossible; nor are we responsible for compensation for such Internet service that cannot be provided. We will resume our obligations under this Agreement as soon as reasonably possible in such events and this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Indemnity and Waivers
You agree that Peace Power and its directors, officers, consultants, employees, agents and assigns shall have no liability of any nature whatsoever to you regarding the Services and you shall indemnify, defend and save Peace Power and its directors, officers, consultants, employees, agents and assigns harmless from any and all liability or claims made in relation to the provision of the Services on a full solicitor-and-own client cost basis. You acknowledge and agree that Peace Power shall not be liable for any network, hardware, software or power failure or outages suffered by you during the provision of the Services. Furthermore, Peace Power shall not be liable for downtime costs or business interruption costs, or other costs associated with such downtime during the provision of the Services. You acknowledge and agrees that there are not any penalties, fines or other types of charges either implicit or explicit of any of the above failures which shall in all cases not be the responsibility of Peace Power.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta. The parties hereby attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Alberta to resolve any disputes, interpretation, or enforceability of this Agreement.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This agreement (the “Agreement”) is between Peace Power Services Corporation (“Peace Power”, “we”, “our”, and “us”) and you, namely the customer identified in the accompanying sign-up sheet (“Customer”, “you”, and “your”). In this Agreement, Peace Power and the Customer shall be collectively referred to as the “Parties” and individually as a “Party”. This Agreement is effective as of the date of its agreement by you (the “Effective Date”). This Agreement integrates and includes the information you provided on the website/program through which you applied for the Internet Services, as described herein.
Provision of Internet Services
To be eligible to receive Internet Services under this agreement, your location for internet services (“Site”) must be located in the incumbent network operator’s territory that Peace Power relies on. If you meet these conditions and this Agreement is enacted, Peace Power will request enrollment from the incumbent network operator. Your Site must be properly set up and equipped to receive the Internet Services from the applicable incumbent network operator that maintains the network to provide Internet Services to your Site.
- Under this Agreement, Peace Power will be providing you with internet services (the “Internet Services”) and you agree to pay for same.
- By entering into this Agreement, you are acknowledging and agreeing that you have read and understood all of its terms and agree to be bound by same.
- Peace Power may not be able to supply Internet Services cheaper than your current Internet Services company;
- This Agreement can be ended only under the conditions described herein;
- A $10 service fee applies to all service level changes.
- If you move to another location within Alberta you will still be responsible to buy Internet Services under this Agreement;
- One free move is available to our Customers every two years. Moves more frequent than the two year period are subject to a fee of $75.00. The free move program is not cumulative;
- Suspension of Service, i.e. Seasonal Disconnect, an account maintenance fee of $10 per month of suspended service will be applied. A two (2) month minimum is applicable to all suspensions. Accounts can stay in suspension for as long as desired;
- The Customer may terminate service for any reason at any time by notifying Peace Power. Cancellation is effective on the date the disconnection request is processed by the incumbent network operator that Peace Power relies on. A credit for any services prepaid past the cancellation date will be issued to the Customer once rental equipment is returned;
- Your account is intended to be used by the household or business who is registered to the account. It is not intended for resell or transfer to any other person or business;
- In the event that the Customer is a corporation, the Customer hereby warrants and represents that it has signed up and presented the correct legal name for the corporate entity. In the event that the Customer has not provided the correct legal name for a corporate entity, the Customer hereby explicitly agrees that Peace Power may pursue the correct corporate identity and/or individual directors for the correct corporate entity or, conversely, the individual contact person whose name is on the form used to sign up for Internet Services provision (the “Sign-Up Sheet”) for the Site(s), for any unpaid amounts under this Agreement. One of the individual contact person(s) for the Customer must be a director within the meaning of the Alberta Business Corporations Act and is hereby also explicitly agreeing to be a Customer within the meaning of this Agreement. For greater certainty, each director who is an individual contact person hereby agrees to personally indemnify Peace Power for any amounts owing under this Agreement;
- All our services are provided “as is” and “as available” without any warranties or conditions of any kind. We do not guarantee that our services will be uninterrupted and available at all times. Under no circumstances shall Peace Power, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates be liable for any harm, damages, expenses, loss of profits or opportunities that are caused through the use or reliance on our services, regardless of cause;
- Unlimited usage is provided under fair use basis, and Peace Power reserves the right to terminate service it deems abuses our unlimited service. Fair use means the Customer is to use the service in fair manner consistent with normal residential/small business/office use. Peace Power reserves the right to suspend or terminate service immediately and without advance notice if, in the sole judgement of Peace Power, the customer is in violation of this condition and abusing our unlimited service;
- Peace Power Internet Services is a prepaid service. The first month service payment is due on sign-up and covers the period starting on the confirmed date of service activation to the day before the same date the following month;
- We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue the Internet Services generally, or to disconnect your service, at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. If we discontinue the Internet Services generally, or disconnect your Internet Services without a stated reason, you will only be responsible for charges accrued through the date of disconnection, including a pro-rated portion of the final service term charges. If your Internet Services is disconnected on account of your breach of any provision of this Agreement, you will be responsible for all charges through the end of the current service term, including unbilled charges, plus the disconnection fee, if applicable, all of which will immediately be due and payable;
- Peace Power will charge a $99 activation fee, which will be waived unless the Internet Services are cancelled within 365 days of account activation. If Internet Services are cancelled within 365 days of account activation the activation fee will be pro-rated to the number of complete months Internet Services were in effect. E.g If cancellation occurs 5.5 months after signing up, the pro-rated activation fee is equal to $57.75 ((12-5)/12*99);
- Peace Power may rent all required Internet Services hardware to Customers on approved credit (OAC). On cancellation of services, it is the sole responsibility of the Customer to return the rented units to Peace Power within 15 days. Peace Power will credit the Customer’s account $12.00 when the equipment is returned to offset shipping charges. The Customer will be billed for unreturned equipment, which may include some or all of the following;
- Cable Modem with WiFi Router – 170.00
- Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.1 – $200.00
- Cable modem / DSL Modem – $100.00
- VoIP ATA Unit – $70.00
- CipherTV Bar (ea) – $200.00
- Minim WiFi Router – $100.00
Prohibitions on Use
- Peace Power does not track sites visited or monitor contents of email unless required by law. If Peace Power receives copyright notices from rights holders who are claiming infringement, Peace Power is required, by law, to forward such notices to end-users and Customers. Peace Power will not disclose Customer personal information to a third party unless required to do so by a Court of Law or permitted to do so by this Agreement;
- The Customer may not use Internet service(s) to do any of the following:
- Hack, attack or attempt to cause damage to any network;
- Knowingly transmit a virus, trojan or other harmful software program;
- Distribute unsolicited bulk email (spam); or
- Distribute copyrighted material for which you are not authorized.
- Before Peace Power arranges to supply Internet Services to your Site, and before this Agreement comes into effect, you must meet our credit requirements and your site must be eligible for Internet Services. By signing this Agreement, you agree to provide us with, and authorize us to request and receive from third parties, reasonable financial and credit information. We shall use such credit information to determine if you meet our credit requirements, which we shall set from time to time at our sole and absolute discretion. Subject to your credit worthiness, we may require a deposit for services, as described herein. You agree to maintain credit worthiness to our satisfaction at all times throughout the Term of this Agreement. In the event that you do not maintain credit worthiness to our satisfaction, we may:
- request a deposit or
- cancel this Agreement at any time without notice and at our sole and absolute discretion, at which time Peace Power may utilize any deposit we hold to apply to any outstanding accounts;
- You hereby consent to our assessing your credit worthiness at any time prior to, or during, the Term of this Agreement, at our sole and absolute discretion;
- You agree that by using the Internet Services and incurring charges for such use, you authorize Peace Power to obtain information about your credit history from credit reporting agencies and credit grantors from time to time. All Peace Power Customers consent to the disclosure of your payment history with Peace Power to such entities at any time.
Term and Termination
- This Agreement commences on the date that you agree to it and will continue as long as Peace Power provides Internet Services to you. It may be terminated as described herein;
- Peace Power may change, modify, add or remove portions of this Agreement (including any charges or fees within it) at any time and at our sole discretion. Before doing so, however, we will provide you with at least thirty (30) days advance notice of the proposed change. Notice will be considered given and effective on the date posted on www.peacepower.ca.com. Your continued use of our services following such notice is your acceptance of such modifications. The terms as and when posted supersedes all previous electronic and written terms of service. Your use of our Internet Services constitutes your acceptance of this agreement;
- Without incurring any liability whatsoever, Peace Power may suspend or terminate any or all of the Internet Services for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, where the Customer:
- Fails to pay an account that is past due, or provides payment by PAP or credit card which is not honoured by Customer’s bank;
- Fails to provide or maintain a reasonable deposit or alternate security when requested to do so by Peace Power;
- Fails to meet Peace Power’s credit requirements, or Customer becomes bankrupt or otherwise insolvent;
- Uses or permits others to use the Services for a purpose or in a manner that is contrary to law; or for the purpose of making harassing, threatening, abusive, annoying or offensive calls;
- Charges or allows others to charge any other person for the use of the Services without Peace Power’s prior written agreement;
- Harasses, threatens or otherwise acts unreasonably towards Peace Power, its employees or agents, or in relation to the Services;
- Uses or permits others to use the Services for resell;
- Abuses the network with excessive usage as may be solely determined by Peace Power
- Uses or permits others to use the service for commercial or business use (if the Customer is an individual).
- You may cancel/terminate this Agreement on the following terms:
- You may cancel this Agreement at any time, for any reason, by providing Peace Power with a minimum of ten (10) business days’ notice;
- In the event that you cancel or terminate this Agreement in any other manner or for any other reason than those described herein, you will be responsible for the Internet Services Charge and related costs of any Internet Services supplied to you up to ten (10) business days after the date on which you provide notice of cancellation or termination.
- At the termination of this Agreement, for any reason, and after all amounts outstanding have been paid, if there is a credit balance greater than $5.00 CAD, it will be refunded to you via Interac e-Transfer and sent to the current email address on file at the time of such termination. In the event that there is a balance less than $5.00 CAD, it shall be written off and the account shall be closed.
- Due to the nature of Internet Services provision, certain events may occur beyond our control, which make it impossible for Peace Power to provide Internet Services as contemplated by this Agreement. In the event that such events occur, we are not responsible for the provision of Internet Services so long as same is impossible; nor are we responsible for compensation for such Internet Services that cannot be provided. We will resume our obligations under this Agreement as soon as reasonably possible in such events and this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- Peace Power will bill you regularly by way of emailing you a monthly billing notification based on the most recent contact information that we have on file for you. You must pay each bill in full. You must enter into a payment agreement acceptable to Peace Power, which may include Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) withdrawals, and your billing statement will advise you when payment will be taken pursuant to that payment agreement. Payment under this Agreement will be governed by the following terms:
- By providing Peace Power with your banking information, you authorize Peace Power to draw or deposit on your account with the branch of the financial institution where you maintain an account. This authorization cannot be cancelled if there is an outstanding billing balance due and payable to Peace Power;
- You acknowledge this authorization is provided for the benefit of Peace Power and your bank, and is provided in consideration of your bank agreeing to process payments and credits against your account in accordance with the rules of Payments Canada;
- You acknowledge and agree that Peace Power may use your account and PAD details to pay any outstanding amounts owed relating to you as a Customer, or your specific Site(s). For greater certainty, you hereby authorize Peace Power to utilize the account and PAD issued under this Agreement to pay outstanding amounts under another agreement for another site, linked to you as a Customer, or another agreement for the same Site, linked to you as a Customer;
- You undertake to inform Peace Power, in writing, of any change in the account information provided in this authorization at least 10 days prior to the next due date of the PAD;
- You acknowledge that your bank is not required to verify that a PAD has been issued in accordance with the particulars of your authorization including, but not limited to, the amount and further acknowledge that your bank is not required to verify that any purpose of payment for which the PAD was issued has been fulfilled by Peace Power as a condition to honoring a PAD issued or caused to be issued by Peace Power on your account; and
- Revocation of this authorization does not terminate any agreement for goods or services that exists between you and Peace Power. Your authorization applies only to the method of payment and does not otherwise have any bearing on the agreement for goods or service.
- If we do not receive your payment in full by the due date specified on your bill, you will be charged and must pay interest at the rate of 18% per year (“Late Charge”) on all overdue amounts calculated, which Late Charge shall be compounded monthly from thirty (30) days after the date of the invoice until the date that payment is received in full. Returned payments from financial or lending institutions for insufficient funds or any other reason will result in a charge to you of CDN$45.00 or such higher amount as is charged by the applicable financial or lending institution with respect to such returned payment. You may dispute a bill up to thirty (30) days upon receipt of a bill; it is your responsibility to review and ensure you are being billed on the correct rate and Site and notify us of an error as soon as possible.
Limitation and Clarification of Responsibilities and Liabilities
- We do not control and are not responsible for the physical systems that supply your Internet Services, the continuity of your Internet Services supply, or the quality of your Internet Services supply. Other entities control these various mechanisms and they are outside of our control. We explicitly limit, and you expressly agree that we limit, our responsibility and liability for these items. We are only responsible for damages caused directly by our actions and the actions of those for whom we are responsible at law. We are not responsible for punitive, indirect, consequential or special damages, or damages for loss of use, revenue, profits or opportunity. This provision survives cancellation, termination or expiry of this Agreement. The Customer agrees that Peace Power shall not be liable for, and the Customer shall not pursue, a claim for exemplary, special, incidental, indirect, consequential, or punitive damages, or damages relating to loss of goodwill, use, revenue, profit, or opportunity, howsoever caused. The Customer(s) declare and acknowledge themselves to be bound jointly and severally with one another with respect to the fulfillment of all obligations of the Customer pursuant to this Agreement.
- If you do not pay your bills on time, we may terminate this Agreement without notice and seek recovery of all related costs. In the event that Peace Power has to commence collection steps on your unpaid bills, you hereby agree to pay, and Peace Power hereby acknowledges that it will charge you, all costs associated with such collection. You will be responsible for, and indemnify Peace Power for, all legal and collection fees (including fees and disbursements paid to our legal counsel on a solicitor and own client basis). In the event that you have unpaid amounts owing at any time, Peace Power may use any deposit paid by you in order to pay same.
- Notice: If you wish to take action under this Agreement that requires the giving of notice, including providing cancellation or termination notice or updating your contact information, you must do so in writing to the email or mailing address only listed in this Section by phone to the phone number only listed in this section (any notices of any kind relating to this Agreement provided by voicemail will be of no force or effect). You can only change your name as a party to this Agreement if it is in connection with a valid legal name change. We will provide you with written notice (based on your most current email address on file) of any changes or significant actions we take under this Agreement. You agree that the written notice may be made on your bill, included with your bill or sent by email to your current email address on file. You agree that we may send you market-related information to your email address on file from time to time. You will have the choice of opting out from such communications. You are responsible for ensuring we have a current record of your contact information and your email address. We are not responsible for any loss you suffer from not receiving a notice because we didn’t have your most current contact information or email address. Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement, any such notice to either Party shall be deemed to have been duly given and received when delivered personally or upon the completion of the electronic or fax transmission. Any party may give notice of change of address to the other parties in the same manner as set out above and once such notice is given, all future notices and communications to that party will be given to the new address. You may add another person to your account who you would like to be authorized to make decisions regarding your account (a “Contact Person”). You agree that Peace Power may fully rely on and that you will be bound by the decisions, information and directions provided to Peace Power by such other person. This can include contacting us to discuss the bill, making decisions about service levels or update banking or personal information (such as email address etc.). The Contact Person may not open or close an account in your name. The Contact Person’s name will not be displayed on the bill but will be noted in our records.
Mail: Suite 760, 11012 Macleod Trail SE, Calgary AB T2J 6A5
- Execution: This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts by any one or more of the Parties. Each executed counterpart shall be deemed to be an original and such counterparts shall together constitute one and the same Agreement. Digital execution shall constitute execution of this Agreement and shall be of the same force and effect as if this Agreement was executed by hand. By indicating that you agree to the terms and conditions in this Agreement, you are indicating that you are bound by and accept same;
- Non-Waiver: No provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to be waived unless such waiver is in writing. Any waiver of any default committed by any of the Parties in the observance or the performance of any part of this Agreement shall not extend to or be taken in any manner to affect any other default;
- Class Action: You hereby waive any right you may have to commence or to participate in any class action against Peace Power or any party affiliated with Peace Power related to any claim where such a waiver is permitted. Where applicable and permitted, you also agree to opt out of any class proceedings against Peace Power or any party affiliated with Peace Power;
- Enurement: This Agreement shall enure to the benefit of and be binding upon the Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns;
- Severability: If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this Agreement shall be construed without such provision or applicable part of the provision;
- Survival: Sections herein that, by their nature, should survive the termination of this Agreement shall not conclude on the termination of this Agreement, but shall survive and continue in full force and effect for the benefit of, and shall be binding upon, the Parties following the end of the Term;
- Authority: You agree that you are the account holder in relation to the Site, or are authorized by the account holder in relation to the Site, and have the authority to enter into this Agreement. We are relying on that authority for the purposes of this Agreement;
- Time: Time shall be of the essence for this Agreement;
- Governing Law and Attornment: This Agreement is governed according the laws of the Province of Alberta and the laws of Canada that apply in Alberta. The Parties hereto explicitly agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta and, particularly, the judicial centre of Edmonton, without regard to conflict of laws provisions.
SERVICES AND SAVE EVEN MORE!
By bundling your internet, natural gas, and electricity services onto one bill, we are able to streamline our processing and administration costs, and pass the savings onto you!
* For Full Cancellation Policy, please read our Terms & Conditions
** We may require a deposit subject to credit check